Tuesday, November 22, 2022

 "Creative Watercolor Media"

For my first card, I used the "Scalloped Ornaments" Stamp set as well as the "Elegant Swirls" stencil.  It is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", top folded, on "Neenah Solar White" cardstock

For the stenciled panel I ink blended pinks and yellows, which, where they overlapped, gave me some subtle orange/peach colors.  I then covered the entire panel with "Versamark" ink and heat embossed with a clear glittery embossing powder.  It has an interesting texture, kind of like sandpaper. 

For the image, I stamped in "Versamark" and then heat embossed with fine white embossing powder.  Then I cut out the images with the coordinating die.  To color the images, I used my 24 pan set of "Altenew's" watercolors.  I chose soft pastel colors for this.  

The sentiment is from the "Best Sentiments" stamp set.  Which reminds me.... I have no idea where I put that set.  I must go on a hunt!

The stenciled panel as well as the flower image were popped up with foam tape for added dimension.







My second card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and side folded.  The base is "Neenah Solar White" and the image is on "Canson XL" watercolor paper.  

I stamped the image and the sentiment from the "Paint-A-Flower, Sweet Pea" stamp set.  I used what is called no line water coloring.  I started off with "Rangers Antique Linen" for the main image so that I would not have a bold line.  This ink is usually able to blend into whatever you are water coloring so that you don't have a coloring book look with a bold line.

I ended up using both my "Altenew" 24 pan set as well as the "Altenew" Metallic watercolor set.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  Then to finish it off, I flipped it over and scored a frame all around the edges before adhering it to the card base.





For my final card, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" top fold, the card base is "Neenah Solar White" and for the first panel I used "Canson XL" watercolor paper.  

To begin, I used the "Leaf Clusters" stamp set and placed them randomly around on the watercolor paper using my "Misti".  I then wet the entire watercolor paper, inked up the stamps and placed onto the wet paper.  I did this several times and waited for it to dry.  Once dry I filled in the negative areas with a pale yellow watercolor wash.  After that was dry, I put the panel back into my " Misti" and stamped again, over the puddled yet dry image.  It kind of reminds me of a shadow after I had stamped the images onto the dry watercolor paper.  

The sentiment is from the "Halftone Smile" stamp and coordinating die sets.  Both the watercolor panel and the "you make me" sentiment is popped up with foam for added dimension.  To finish it off, I splattered some gold paint randomly across the card.




Thanks for looking!

1 comment: