Tuesday, June 28, 2022

I have to admit, I watched several of the courses and then started making my projects.  The second class in the sequence is All About Layering 4.  Pretty much the same as 3, but it was fun to see cards created that are a bit more detailed overall. 

I highly recommend anyone new to stamping that they should definitely watch this series. It is very step-by-step and you learn a lot of tips, that way you don't learn the "hard way".

My next project is made with the Honeysuckle stamp set.  I absolutely adore the smell of honeysuckles, therefore, when I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to have it.  This card is 5"x7" with a side fold.  A stitched rectangle die was used for the white panel, mounted to black cardstock and then onto the lilac base.  All images were cut out with the coordinating Honeysuckle die and stamped with Lawn Fawn ink.  The actual flower is adhered with foam for added depth and the sentiment "with love" was hot foiled with the Spellbinders Glimmer machine in a metallic pink foil.  Unfortunately I am disappointed with how the sentiment photographed,  in the full card image, but trust me, it looks really nice.  At this point I knew I wanted something else, I then decided to mimic the spotted area of the flower.  I made a mask using the dies to cover the areas I did not want splattered and then used the same lilac ink that was used in the flower as well as the Altenew silver metallic watercolor.  In hindsight I wish I made smaller splatters, good lesson to learn.... start small and GRADUALLY go big!






1 comment:

  1. That is a really pretty card! And again, beautiful colours. If you want to step it up, you can always try the All About Layering 5 and 6 where Lydia takes the classes up a notch and further works on card layouts too! Those are really fun. Their focus is on other things though.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete