Tuesday, June 28, 2022

With the start of Altenew's ACEP (Altenew Educator Certification Program) series, the first course is all about layering. 

Altenew has an amazing line of 2 step (and more) stamp sets that are not only beautiful, but serene.  Once you get the hang of it, they are very easy to use and you achieve fabulous dimensional looking images.  They coordinate well and the sets are quite generous.  Most are 6X8" sheets with multiple images and sentiments that pair well with the stamps.  Often there are correspondent dies for easy cutting.  

Being a portrait photographer, I found it very hard to photograph a flat front facing card for viewing.  My phone takes horrible pictures so I used my big bulky camera.  I have also included a detail shot as well.

I watched the "All about Layering 3" series first.  The assignment was to show layering.  As I already stated, Altenew is a master at layering stamp sets.

The first stamp set I reached for was "Ethereal Roses" and the coordinating die set.  Once I stamped the first flower it reminded me of vintage greeting cards that my great grandma had.  I must admit, I have a hard time keeping things simple so this was a challenge for me.  





This card is side folding and measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/5".  On coral cardstock , then mounted onto a confetti white cardstock, I used the Spellbinders "Fluted Rectangles" die. This die adds a very subtle detail that is very pleasing to my eye.  I stamped with Lawn Fawn inks and the sentiment was embossed in gold.  I quickly realized that I used not as high quality cardstock for the stamped images than I am used to.  The ink bleed, however I was fine with the soft images so I kept on going. The confetti cardstock is fun, there are flecks of colors throughout and it reminds me of handmade paper.

Several flowers, as well as leaves, with popped up with foam for added dimension.  I generally make "all occasion" cards.  This way I can just grab and go. Don't get me wrong, I do create cards with other sentiments as well. 




 



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first submission of AECP. Your card looks beautiful, and I adore the colours. You do not have to take a flatlay photo if that is not your thing, you can take a photo at an angle with the card standing upright. That would show us gorgeous details too! If you want to see a sample, I can show you a couple as I used to take photos like that and I am thinking I should start again as it was so much easier :)
    Thank you for submitting your fabulous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for letting me know I do not have to submit flat lay cards. That really makes me happy!

      Delete