Monday, July 4, 2022

 "Irresistible Inking Techniques"

OK, I'm glad I am onto another course.  I obviously enjoyed this challenge a lot more.  

My first card I used a brayer for the background with three different Lawn Fawn inks.  I used the brayer in many different directions.  The way it ended up reminded me of the old faux painting on walls phase from the early 90's.  I chose to pair it up with Altenew's "Wild Rose" stamp set and sentiment.  Once again, Lawn Fawn inks were used except for the outline of both the flower and the leaves.  I ended up using Distress Ink "Antique Linen" so I would not have the bold outline.  I popped up both the flower and the sentiment with foam dots.  To finish this card, I dusted the leaves and rose with gold "Perfect Pearls" so I would have "sparkle".



 

For my second card, I used the stamp blocking technique.  It made a nice frame both for the sentiment as well as the adornment of the flowers.  Altenew's "Painted Flowers" stamp set and coordinating dies were used for this card. It is a square 5", top folding card with the base made of "Neenah Solar White" cardstock.  The first panel is watercolor paper and then painted with Altenew's 36 pan watercolors. I ended up mixing the colors with the Altenew metallic watercolor set, using the silver paint with each color.  It made the entire first panel have a nice, subtle shimmer.  The flowers did not have the addition of the silver but I did stamp the outline image with Distress Ink in "Antique Linen".  The sentiment panel was heat embossed with silver embossing powder and mounted on foam before adhering to the card.  This card is very soft and calming to me.




My third card is from Alnenew's new "Craft Your Life: Silk Art" bundle.
I love when they release the new "Craft Your Life" kits, all the coordinating elements can really get your creative juices flowing.

For this card, it is a 7" x 5" top folding card, and on "Neenah Solar White" cardstock.  I chose the large stamp as my focus.  However, I used a technique that was not demonstrated in the course, but I do think it is, maybe, a third generation type of stamping, haha.  I am really thrilled with how this turned out.  I definitely have to explore this more.

To start, I used my "Misti" so that I could keep stamping and have it line up every time.  Even for the simplest, or smallest amount of stamping, I tend to almost always use my "Misti".

Now this is where it goes in a different direction.  I started with watercolor paper and using markers (I used "Distress Ink" markers).  I colored on each flower and leaf cluster, over and over again, until I could tell where each image was and the minor details as well.  This is where the "Misti" comes in handy.  Sometimes I pounced some areas with ink using a blender sponge.  The markers allowed me to see where each image started and stopped.  Then, with my image still in the "Misti", I took ink, water, and a brush and brushed color wherever I had stamped images.  The ink that I put on before broke down and mixed with the new ink.  After that was all dry, using "Unicorn" white pigment ink, I stamped over the "watercolored" image.  The results were very cool.  It looks like velvet!  Plus, it adds texture to the image from the pigment ink being so think.

I cut the image out with the coordinating die and then also cut out a frame in black cardstock.  I mounted the frame, the popped up the colored image using foam, allowing parts of the image to "spill over" onto the frame.  The sentiment is from the "Ethereal Roses" stamp set.  There is also a nice, soft touch to it.



Thanks for looking!

1 comment: