Sunday, July 10, 2022

 The final class within the AECP Level one is called "Seasonal Scene Building".  

I did not know what to think before going into it.  I kept thinking, I don't have any cutesy Altenew stamp sets.

Well, once again I was inspired.  The examples were great! 

I reminded myself that building a scene does not have to be a monkey playing on a swing set or anything cute like that.  So, I grabbed one of my favorite Altenew sets, "Nature Blossoms".

This card is 5" x 7" on "Neenah Solar White" cardstock and Canson XL watercolor paper.  I die cut several blossoms and leaves so that I could make masks out of them, then began to build my scene.  Once I was pleased with the arrangement, I heat embossed using fine detail white embossing powder.  Using the 36 pan watercolor set, I colored in the images in very subtle, soft shades.  The leaves also got some of the metallic silver watercolor added to them while I mixed up the watercolor for a delicate shimmer.  The sentiment is heat embossed in fine detail silver embossing powder, which is from the "Beautiful Quotes" stamp set.  The entire watercolor panel is mounted with foam tape.




My second card is a shaker!  As soon as I received Altenew's "Kind Words" stamp set I knew it had to be a shaker card.  The card is top folding, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", on "Neenah Solar White" cardstock.  The first layer is Canson XL watercolor paper where I used "Lindy's Magicals" on it as a watercolor medium.  If you are not familiar with these "magical powders" they start off looking almost white and then when water is added they come alive.  They change color and have a beautiful shimmer.  The pigments are strong and a little powder goes a long way.  I took a smidgen of all the powders I have, and made my own watercolor set.  That way I can see each color before I paint.  They also have "flat" colors that do not have the shimmer but are still beautiful.  As that panel was drying I began to create my shaker frame.  On navy cardstock, I stamped the star image and heat embossed in silver embossing powder.  The sentiment was heat embossed onto heat resistant acetate in fine detail white powder.  The shaker filling is compiled of silver beads and translucent sequins, some of the sequins are stars.  I built up the frame with foam tape and a brushed silver top.  

Because of the colors I showed my husband and stated "Hey, here is a masculine card!"  He shook his head no and said I should just give up on that idea.  Ha ha, I am thinking I will.

  Interactive cards are always fun and I love the sound shaker cards make.




My final card is really simple.  Also a top folding, 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" on "Neenah Solar White" cardstock.  During the class, the instructor used an adorable stamp set called "Garden Grow".  Being an avid gardener, I had to have it.  Before this class I had no idea that Altenew even had stamp sets like this.  Talk about shockingly pleased.  
I built my scene with a lot of masking and stamping the images in "Memento" black ink knowing it was safe to use with alcohol markers.

  I am assuming many people feel the way I did the first time using alcohol markers.  They can be daunting.  With practice, blending the colors become easier.  I use "Arteza" alcohol markers and have been quite pleased with the quality.  You buy them in sets so so you get a great variety of colors.  I know most love "Copics" but I know for me, the "Arteza" markers work great.

  The sentiment is from the "Heartfelt Sentiments" set and then heat embossed in fine detail embossing powder. The colored panel was finally mounted with foam tape.  

I enjoyed this set so much that I quickly made several other cards while changing up the scene.



Thanks for looking!


1 comment: